The following tips are from the American Massage Therapy Association on how to get the most from your massage therapy session.
2. Don't eat just before a massage session. Let your body digest your meal first.
3. Be on time. If you arrive in a frenzied, rushed state, it may take longer to relax.
4. Take off only as much clothing as you are comfortable removing.
5. Communicate with your massage therapist.
6. Remember to breathe normally.
7. Relax your muscles and your mind.
8. Drink extra water after your massage.
9. Don't get up too quickly and do allow for some open, quiet time after your massage session.
10. Be prepared to schedule several massage sessions.
Copyright © Health Modalities, PC. All rights reserved.